EpsilonRebar enables accurate strain and precise crack measurements over its entire length. It takes the form of a composite rebar of any diameter (standard 5 mm). It is designed for direct embedding into the newly-designed structural members (concrete or soil) or to be installed within existing structures (e.g. inside grooves in concrete or on the surface of pipelines). Thanks to its high stiffness and tensile strength, EpsilonRebar could be used as a bar with a double function: measuring and reinforcing. Resistance to mechanical loads and environmental conditions makes EpsilonRebar ideal for in-situ applications within construction sites or existing infrastructure.
- STRAIN & CRACK MEASUREMENT ALONG THE ENTIRE LENGTH of the sensor, optionally also temperature changes
- EXCELLENT INTEGRATION with the monitored structure (ribbed external surface)
- MONOLITHIC SECTION WITH NO INTERMIDIATE LAYERS providing accurate readouts
- SHARP and PRECISE view of any local phenomena, especially cracks in concrete
- EASY INSTALLATION – lightweight sensor, ready to use when unrolled from the drum
- RESISTANT TO ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS, including electromagnetic fields and lightning strikes
- STRUCTURAL HEALTH MONITORING of engineering structures
- GEOTECHNICAL AND HYDROTECHNICAL ENGINEERING (e.g. slurry and retaining walls, piles, concrete columns, dams, embankments)
- LINE STRUCTURES: roads and bridges, tunnels, railway lines, pipelines and others
Application of DFOS strain Sensors for the structural health monitoring of real engineering structures allows for strain measurements over entire length with a spatial resolution starting from 5 mm. The key thing is to use sensors which are accurate and reliable. EpsilonRebar provides new opportunities in the quantitative and qualitative assessment of strains and cracks in concrete. It allows for the precise detecting the cracks locations and estimating their actual width during changing environmental conditions over long term.
We have not recorded the video of this product yet